Saturday, July 08, 2006

Just the 3 of Us


I will be taking a brief blogging hiatus as the kids and I travel south to the farm for the week. Will, aka Daddy and Pastor Will, left early this morning for Salt Lake City with his youth group. Will talked to Jack last night about his trip - that he was going bye-bye for a week to Utah. This morning when I lifted Jack out of bed, he said "Daddy? Bye-bye, trip, week." I was amazed by his memory....and later, how quickly he could forget as he asked again where Daddy was! Since Jack is definitely in his "Daddy is my best friend" phase, I planned extra activities today to keep him busy and distracted - lots of outside time, Chick-Fil-A lunch/playground, library, swimming at the YMCA pool, and reading our new books from the library. It was a good day, and at 7:30pm when I laid him down for the night, he didn't make a peep.
This week at the farm will be full of adventures for both Jack and Josie. Check back next week for the full report.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thursday can't get here quick enough! I didn't know whether to believe my own ears or not, but yesterday Ethan walked up to the refrigerator, looked at Josie's picture, and said "Josie!" Seriously, it was as plain as that. I think we may have a little crush in the making :) (or crutch as Javier calls it) Love you guys - see you in a few days in C-town!

ginny said...

Wonderful blog, Cara. Your children are so adorable! Maybe one day we will have a chance to meet them :)
Ginny

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Selena - we missed you on the farm. Any chance you might come to TX this summer? The Davis/Kennedy clan would love to see you. Hope to talk soon - love ya.
-Cara

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»