Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wonderfully Made


"God made me,
God made me,
Head, shoulders, knees and toes.
I am wonderfully made,
Thank you, God."
Music is such a part of our days, and this Mainly Music song has been on my mind and heart the past few weeks. I was reminded of it too, when Jack's recent memory verse at Awanas was "I am wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14
It is no coincidence that God has been speaking this verse to me. He must have known that we would need this reminder as we saw our little boy lay in a hospital bed for 24 hours, bleed uncontrollably, and undergo testing. He must have known that we would need this reminder when we received the diagnosis that our son is, and will always be, hemophilic.
Jack is wonderfully made, and we thank God for this boy. He is clever, musical, kind, generous, a perfectionist, and athletic. God knows him and has entrusted him to our care. He will not leave us alone as we learn to manage his protein "factor 8" deficiency. I am sad, but that doesn't change what God made him to be. I wish it were me instead of him, but still GOD KNOWS HIM AND MADE HIM WONDERFULLY. Thank you, God, for your wonderful piece of work, Jack Davis.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

SFB loves Jack just the way he is. We're praying for him, and we're praying for you and Will as you learn more about hemophilia. Just remember, God hand-picked you and Will to be Jack's parents because He knew you would do the best job. We love all of you.

Renee Morlan said...

cara,
i know we haven't caught up with you guys in a bit, but i try to keep up with you and your family through your blog to keep you in our prayers. i'm crying as i write this because i know how heavy your hearts must be. please know that the denver morlans are praying for jack and your family. we recently started a blog as well to help our families watch our boys grow while living 1000 miles away. it is www.family5280.blogspot.com. if there is anything we can do or pray for please let us know.

KatieKate said...

Oh, Darlin'...
We are praying for you from afar- that you may find comfort in His promises, enouragement in your friends, and answers from your research.

love,
the Mulders

Clay said...

Davis Crew-
Of course you have been on our hearts the past few weeks. We too praise Him for his creation, Jack Davis. We consider ourselves honored to be a part of Jack's life & wish that we were there with you now. We miss you in this season of life!
We are looking forward to life with Jack as the leader of our family. He definitely seems to be the cousin made for that job...compassionate, kind, opinionated, the gift of organization...! We love you all & lift of praises to God for our boy, Jack. He is wonderfully made, and we are so glad. -Aunt Kat...and the rest of the Kennedys

Princess Ellie said...

I just wanted to let you know that jack is in our thoughts and prayers...

and I also wanted to tell you.... that is a beautiful family picture!

Laci King

Jan said...

Many of the wonderful stories you read about children with special needs or things of this nature, you always notice how fabulous their parents are. In a world such as ours, we need more parents like you and Will to raise Godly children like Jack (and Jo and Kate!). I know Jack will grow up feeling no different from anyone else and he will be well taken care of! God blessed you all as a family together and He will always provide for you!

Maria Riveroll said...

Dear Will and Cara, I just wanted to let you know that Jack and your family are in my prayers. I can`t think of two better people to be Jack, Josie and Kate`s parents. I hope I get to meet them and see you again very soon.
Lots of love,
Maria Riveroll

Elena said...

From Elena - an old high school friend of Will's. Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for little Jack. We live in a wonderful day and age where the Lord has blessed many scientists and doctors with answers and leads to troubling situations. There will be breakthroughs and miracles that will help Jack lead a normal happy life as he manages his condition. I'm glad he has parents like you to help him through this. And I agree - he has a wonderful little body that God made especially for him - and God won't forget it.