Thursday, September 11, 2008

Goodbye Two, Hello Three!

Tonight Josie said goodbye to two. As I write, it is finally setting in that tomorrow she will be three! I have loved getting to know this girl for three years. From the beginning, she has been cuddly, sweet and compliant. Because of this, she often gets overlooked as she goes with the flow....Jack's flow, that is. She is Will's personality twin, and the two are definitely kindred spirits.

This year she has blossomed and we have enjoyed seeing her come out of her shell as we learn more about how God made her. She loves to eat. She loves her pink blankie and gets giddy when she discovers it in different places during the day. She sucks her thumb on and off all day, to fall asleep, and for no reason at all. When she is bored, she likes to get out every toy and costume we have and just spread it around. She loves to hop on one foot, and dance to music. She loves the letter song on Letter Factory, and her favorite letter/sound is b. She loves to go to the potty and wear big girl panties. She loves juiceboxes. She is still afraid of loud sounds and runs and hides from the vacuum, the blender, Will's yard tools. She loves to dress like a princess, take care of her babies, and read library books on Mom's bed.

This year has seen her grow up in many ways. She became a big sister. She started preschool one day a week. She was potty-trained. She started understanding humor and telling jokes. She learned her ABC's and can count to 10, sometimes even in Spanish! She made new friends. She began sharing a room with Jack and moved to a big girl twin bed. She went to the farm by herself. She began praying on her own.


Dear Josephine Marie, (aka Josie, JoJo, Jo)

As I put you to bed tonight, my heart is full. You are beautiful on the inside and out. God made you wonderfully, and I see you as one of my greatest gifts. You are my snuggle bug, Daddy's sweetheart, Jack's companion, and Kate's role model. You fit in our family perfectly.
I remember your birth day like it was yesterday. But then I blinked and you are three. Your Daddy and I decided that you have grown up the quickest. Maybe it's your easy-going nature or because you are so tall! We are not sad....no, we praise God for your life, and look forward to seeing what He has in store for you.
Happy birthday tomorrow, dear girl. You are fully loved by your Father in Heaven and your family on Earth. And, no worries....you will definitely be getting those pink cupcakes that you have been talking about for two months.

Love,
Mommy


Josie on her 2nd birthday


Josie today, at her first dance class, on the eve of her 3rd birthday

6 comments:

Tynan Davis said...

Can we get a leotard and tights, too??? Oh, to be 3 and awesome!...Love you, JoJo!!

Linda D said...

Josie-girl! I feel like you were born last year and yet I look at you and see how much of a big girl you have become. You make me smile and laugh all the time. I look forward to spending Sunday evenings with you. You are my homegirl!!! I love your spirit and your kindness. I am so glad you can be friends with my girl. You are beautiful and I hope you guys stick around GP long enough for me to see you grow up. Love you girl!
Mrs. Linda

Princess Ellie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Josie !

I can't believe how you change in a year ! I love the picture of you at your dance class ! Too cute !

Laci

Lisa said...

Boy, when you put those 2 pictures side by side it really shows how much she's grown in the last year. She is probably the most easy going kid I've ever known...right from the beginning. She really does fit in perfectly, and we love that JoJo! Please give her a big birthday hug from the SFB.

Anonymous said...

almost started crying reading this! She has grown up so fast. She is such a precious girl. I am sorry we had to miss her party. She will be a great role model for Emma and Addi too I am sure. We love you Josie!

ginny said...

Happy Birthday, Josie! How precious you look in your ballet class : )