I use this blog as my journal in hopes of making it into a book someday for my kids. I just have to record some of the things they have been talking about lately. It is so humbling to be a parent and feel the responsibility of teaching them about Christ, yet nothing fills my heart more than hearing them speak about Biblical truth.
Here's a few things I want to remember about the past few days...
1. We are memorizing Romans 3:23 and Romans 5:8 while we are talking about sin. Jack and Josie can say and sing both of these verses, and even Kate sings along. Yesterday when they came into my room to wake me up, Jack crawled up into my bed and said, "...but Mommy, does even Sam sin too?" And then I went on to describe our sinful natures as best as I could...
2. We read from a book called "3-Minute Bible Stories" each night. Josie likes to retell the familiar stories. Last night she was retelling the story of Adam and Eve. "And then God noticed that Adam was very lonely. While Adam was sleeping, God took one of his ribbons and made it into women. He named her Eve."
3. Awanas is a great program and I love that our kids learn simple truths there each Sunday night. Josie is in the Cubbies program and their main focus is to teach the kids that God is love, and that He loves each one of us. She has really been thinking a lot about Jesus and tells me every day - "Jesus is the only one who never makes mistakes, Mommy!"
4. It warmed my heart when Jack was staring at me the other day and asked, "but will you be in Heaven with me, Mommy?" Why, yes, I will. And I pray that the Lord will continue to work on each of my children's hearts and that they will trust in Him alone to be in Heaven someday too.
No comments:
Post a Comment