Thursday, July 01, 2010

my june bugs

We are having a fun summer despite the recent setback. June was a busy month around here. Here's a little catch-up on my June bugs....
1. Sam is 14 months and a mover! Video to come of his new walking skills. His little bowed legs are so cute and everyone roots for him when he walks. He just grins. He is also showing a bit of independence....disobedience, some frustration tantrums, and shaking his head "no!" He is still my cuddler though and lays his head on my shoulder and pats on my back when I hold him. He is completely weaned as of last week and is doing well with his milk in a cup. He loves to throw balls, climb everything, and read books.


2. Kate seems so grown up to me this summer. She is swimming well with a vest, working hard on potty training, and basically keeping up with the big kids. I can't believe she will be three in two short months. She is talking so much and we are understanding so much more! I am proud of her. We have had some precious one-on-one time this summer while the big kids have been at various camps and activities.



3. What would I do without Josie? She keeps us all grounded and steady. She is our sweetheart. I don't take for granted her easy-going, silly, and predictable temperament. She enjoyed dance camp in June, going to see the musical Beauty and the Beast, and having a farm vacation. She is a little fish in the water and is my helper with Kate and Sam.



4. Jack's summer became suddenly limited last week but he has not let that slow him down! Oh no....he has got the one arm shot perfected on the hoop, and can even bat one-handed. What a champ. I am confident that four more weeks will pass quickly with many trips and special activities on the horizon. We are thankful he completed swim lessons and baseball camp, and is now earning points and prizes at the library with all his reading. He also loved Toy Story 3 so much we have seen it twice!


What a June with these bugs!

No comments: