1. ...is simple. I am learning more and more it really comes down to how our words and actions honor the Lord. We are trying to simplify and model what is important to the kids. I fail - a lot - but thankfully God's grace is big enough even for Mommy!
2. ...is challenging. I wish I could say it's easy but we struggle. Right now some of our struggles include: a two year old that throws fits, me learning to infuse Jack's factor meds into his little veins, and balancing an extremely tight budget month to month!
3. ...is sweet. There are so many moments each day when I stop and say to myself, "take a picture in your heart and mind, and don't forget it!" I wish I could bottle up Kate's little voice, Josie's snuggles, Jack's gratefulness, and Sam's cute little two year old body!
4. ...is meaningful. We fill our days with what matters. Homeschool for Jack and Josie takes up our M/W/F mornings. We read the Bible and pray every day. We sing and dance. We slow down and rest every day. We play outside every afternoon. We eat together every evening. We want to be a Colossians 3:23 family.
5. ...is hopeful. It's been a hard season as we see some of the folks we love the most hurting physically. Jack and Josie especially are very sensitive and compassionate, remembering to pray daily for Mimi, Garrett, and little Scarlett.
6. ...is a blessing. I have my dream job! In one day, I get to teach, cook, clean, play catch in the backyard, braid Kate's hair, bump a volleyball with Josie, read books, chase my two year old, sing, do laundry (yes, I like it), and catch up with my best friend at the end of the day. I do not take these gifts for granted. Life as we know it at the LHIGP is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment