Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Man on a Mission







The psychological battle has begun. We had a nice run at successful persuasion - about 24 months to be exact. Our little boy is no longer interested in our suggestions but is a man on a mission....which usually includes something having to do with "outside," "pool," or Sesame Street. I wish I could read his mind as he watches me attempt to persuade him to fulfill my agenda for his day. He very kindly says "no" with his Texan twang and moves on to his next project. Here he is at the farm. While watering with Doc, he was determined to soak himself. Mission complete!
And don't worry - we don't always let him do what he wants. But how can you deny his love for water, outside and running around in the nude during a Texas summer!

3 comments:

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

What a handsome little boy!

Dad

Unknown said...

Jack boy! Can't wait for Ethan to be able to be able to get drenched with you at the farm...hopefully we can plan something soon. We miss the Davis Four!

Clay said...

Jack-
I wish you could teach me how to run around naked and spray water in my face! Maybe next summer? I love you big cousin! -Cousin Clay