I love our home here in GP. The minute I walk through the doors I feel my shoulders relax, and I feel at peace. After a wild week, we are back home....for a while anyway. Next week JoJo and I head across the ocean to see Kat and Clay.
Last week Will and I had the privilege of attending the With One Accord marriage retreat for pastors and their wives. Wow! What a sweet time together - allowing us to focus on our purpose in marriage and ministry. I didn't worry about the kids, who were having a farm retreat of their own. It was my first time away from Josie and she did wonderfully, learning to "bock,bock" like a chicken and really pick up the pace in her walking. Jack showed her the ropes as he roamed free on the land, shared all of his favorite foods with her and surprised Doc and Mam with his expanding vocabulary. (His newest phrase is "oh dear!" Anyone care to guess who he is mimicking?)

After three relaxing days in Austin we went back to Clifton for my 10 year high school reunion. Memories came flooding back to me as we attended the Friday night homecoming football game. It was surreal seeing old faces, meeting spouses and children, and just being back with these folks I hadn't seen in 10 years. I only have one photo from the Saturday brunch at the Mitchell ranch. Vickie and my Mom were the best hostesses, and it was my favorite event of the weekend.

And now, we're home sweet home....back to our routine and "having a ball!" Jack's newest activity is his bat, tee and ball. Happy fall to all of our readers. Our home is open to you anytime!
4 comments:
Even though you're leaving again next week, SFB is glad to have you "neighboring" again - don't ever leave town for that long again! Glad we got to hang out yesterday and catch up. Looking forward to Saturday!
so sad that I didn't get to meet Josie at the brunch, but it was a great success anyway! good to see you :-)
Well, we are certainly glad you are home again...but are anxiously awaiting your arrival in Kailua-Town. Clay was just telling me today (at least, this is what I think he was saying...) that he is hoping to catch some walking tips from Jo-Jo. Although, Clay says "Doe-Doe"...that /j/ sound is hard! Anyway- enjoy your last few days & get ready to have some cousin time. We love you guys...and thank you for the sweetest birthday gift...glad it finally made it across the ocean! whew!
I miss my girls! Can't wait to see you on Wednesday. Love you very much.
Dad
Post a Comment