Thursday, February 15, 2007

Baby 3, Plus the Other 4

That's what we are calling the little one right now. Seems unreal that we will have three children, 3 and under, here at the LHIGP. I am in my 13th week so the first trimester is coming to an end. I praise God for this. This one has taken a toll on my body for sure but maybe there is a light at the end of the first trimester! With Jack I remember having renewed energy and strength (and eating a lot!) after my 14th week, but with my sweet JoJo, I was vomiting until she was born. And then I vomited some more I think. I do seem to be having more days with no vomiting so I am thankful. My family has been very patient, and watching me lose my breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the kitchen sink has become a normal occurence. I hope J and J will not remember that sight!

Thanks for your prayers for Baby 3. I am sorry to say that I am still not quite confident in the pregnancy.....losing our first baby at 10 weeks has never quite left my memory and heart. Amazing as it sounds, I already felt bonded to that little one and know I will hold him/her in heaven one day! Here is a link to babycenter.com. This site sends me an email each week, updating me on my baby's growth and development. I look forward to it every Monday!
http://www.babycenter.com/mybabycenter/112.html

As for the rest of the LHIGP, we are doing well and staying healthy praise the Lord. Josie is cutting teeth and drooling like you wouldn't believe (teeth count =8) and Jack is closing in on his 3rd birthday! He doesn't know it yet but his Daddy is taking him to see Sesame Street Live next Saturday at Nokia Theater here in GP. He is going to be beside himself, and gets to take his two buddies Ethan and Tanner, as well as their dads. After the show we will have sandwiches and Elmo cake here at the house. Pictures to follow, no worries!

Books I am reading:

Toilet Training in Less Than a Day by Azrin and Foxx
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tripp (Will and I are going through this together and it is a must read for all parents.)
His Needs, Her Needs by Harley (young marrieds small group from church)
Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours by Leman (also a must-read)
*This list is lacking a good fiction book so I am asking for recs. I envy my sister in law, husband, and mom who can sit and read a good fiction book anytime, anywhere. My life is way too serious I am afraid.

What we are watching on tv:
WonderPets
Sesame Street
Survivor
Friday Night Lights
American Idol
Grey's Anatomy
....and way too many other shows, but I think I will stop my list here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God for a healthy baby and for the end of the first trimester. We're praying for that sweet baby and praying that you'll start feeling better soon...I'll never forget the story of Jack pretending to throw up with you when you were pregnant with Jo. There are probably lots of things we hope our children don't remember. :) Oh, and I like the book list...unfortunately the last "fiction" book I read was 1776...a great George Washington book, but not exactly a light read. Maybe someday we'll have time for a good non-serious book...maybe after our children are potty trained. :)

KatieKate said...

Cara darling...congrats on making it through the first trimester. Our circle is going through a bout of miscarriages and it is so difficult...but we know that God is good.

Janna (Schierling) Vaughan had 2 twin girls on Valentine's Day!!! Lauren and Emily...thay are doing well.

And my vote for reading (Woman, I am the girl to talk to...) is East of Eden by Steinbeck. It's based on his own life and has some unbelievable parallels to the story of Genesis...and it's a love story and good vs. evil and ALL that...one of my absolute favorites.

Jan said...

may GOd continue to protect you and the unborn child in your womb and keep you both healthy. I am reading "Persuasion" by Jane Austen right now, along with my weekly Beth Moore Study of Daniel (which is awesome by the way!). Hope you find a good book to disappear into!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new addition to the Davis team!! We are very excited and pray for good health for you and the baby.

--sharla

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Thanks for the book recommendations. Now if I just had a few more hours in the day........

ginny said...

Congrats on getting through the first trimester. I know my second pregnancy seemed to go much faster than my first, so I'm sure your third will fly by. As for reading, I just read a horrible book. I kept wanting to quit it, but it really bothers me not to finish a book :) Let me know how that toilet training in a day goes! Sounds wonderful...may have to check that one out.