
Our Josie-girl is 20 months today.
I can't believe it but it's true.
I know she has so many things to come, but for today, I am remembering when...
1. we found out she was a girl. We were overjoyed and started putting her bed together that day even though we were under a tornado warning.
2. she was born. Will and I were so excited that September 12th was "the day" that we went to eat at Texadelphia a few hours before her c-section delivery to celebrate! As a result, she was born four long hours later than planned. I was known as the "Philly cheesesteak" mom in the labor/delivery wing at Baylor.
3. I saw her face for the first time. She looked so familiar....so perfect....and no one could believe she was over 8 pounds!
4. we brought her home to GP. Our yard and trees were decorated with pink ribbons. She looked ever-so-sweet in her pink Gap onesie and matching hat.
5. she loved to be swaddled in her pink swaddle blanket. From the beginning, she fell into a perfect little schedule of eating, staying awake to "play," being swaddled, then sleeping.
6. I took my daughter to church for the first time (about 8 weeks old) and she wore the sweetest little pink outfit with a pink bow around her head. I miss those days when she would keep her bows in place.
7. Josie met her "twin," Clayton Jack, for the first time. They were 3 months (Jo) and 2 months (Clay) and didn't even notice each other but it was such a sweet time since we had been praying for them both for so long. We are sure they will best buddies for life.
8. we took Josie to the farm for the first time. She met some more cousins (Garrett and Caroline) and loved being outside during the fall season. She began smiling and cooing, and sleeping through the night around this time. (10 weeks) She has always been such a great sleeper.
9. we celebrated Josie's first Thanksgiving and Christmas. She was our best present that year, no doubt. She, Clay and Jack wore matching Christmas pajamas and looked so cuddly!
10. our little sweetie had her first illness - an ear infection - but still grinned at us with that toothy smile! She was more snuggly than ever and such a good little patient.
11. we dedicated her to the Lord on February 12, 2006. Will asked the Lord's blessing upon her life and our pastor Bill encouraged our church family as well as many family and friends to come alongside us as we teach her and gudie her in the ways of the Lord. It was a sweet time and Josie beamed at her Daddy each time he spoke her name. Her cousin Clay was dedicated as well that day which made it even more meaningful.
12. Jo cried if I had to be away from her, especially at the church nursery. She has been a Mommy's girl from the beginning and continues to be my little shadow. It did seem to help when Jack was around...she loved to watch him, and follow him when she became mobile.
13. we took her to Hawaii to visit Unc, Kat and Clay. Josie was a great traveller and slept and ate well on the eight hour flight. She was 7 months at this time and was so pleasant even though her safe little schedule was rocked a bit. What memories we made there together as a family.
14. she was so great at baby sign language, and could communicate with us her needs easily, especially when it had to do with food. At six months we began solid foods, and she tried and liked most things, signing "more," "please," "thank you," and "all done." She loved homemade sweet potatoes, applesauce, and peaches the best.
15. she learned to love her bed routine. Early on, she was a great listener and hung onto every word I would read from her books. Her routine was the same as Jack's: bath, pajamas, books, singing, praying, blankie, "night-night." I love that Josie and Jack put themselves to sleep!
16. we celebrated Josie's first birthday. So many came to celebrate our Josie-bug...Pops, Mimi, Doc, Mam, Sam, Shannon, Connor, the Starrs, Eubanks, and the Brimberrys. We had a pink and brown polka dot themed party, and she loved her chocolate cake!
17. she took her first steps, and basically didn't look back after that! She was so proud of herself, and was very sure-footed. She fell very little, unlike Jack, and this made her seem so grown up.
18. I stopped nursing her at 13 months and was able to go out of town with Will for the weekend. It was a little sad on my part but she had a great time at the farm with Doc, Mam, and Jack. I remember being so excited to see her after the two days was over....I missed my little bug terribly!
19. she would randomly climb into my lap and just snuggle for no reason. I will miss this as she grows older and busier!
20. she began saying "mama." I had no idea how the sound of my name could touch my heart so deeply. Josie has many words now but she still loves to point and name her "Daddy," "Jack," and "Mama."
Twenty memories of my Sweetie Jo. May there be many more.
2 comments:
Precious little girl...hopefully one day we will meet her!
Sweet, sweet Jo Jo. I don't know if God makes them any sweeter than you. You make us smile, and we think it's hilarious how Ethan now refers to your mom as JoJo's mommy rather than Jack's mommy. Already a crush? You're such a good little sister to Jack, and you're going to be a great big sister to Kate.
Post a Comment