Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jack-isms


I don't ever want to forget the things my son is saying right now!
He keeps me laughing, challenged, and yes, sometimes very frustrated.
Here are a few Jack-isms.

1. No answer is black and white to him right now. Every answer includes "maybe." For example, I asked him where he lives today and his answer was "maybe at home in Grand Prairie, with Daddy, Mommy and JoJo."

2. "Are you my Mommy, Mommy? I think I will call you Cara."

3. He is very interested in time, especially when he knows it's naptime. When the timer rings and it's time for our bed routine, without a doubt will ask, "My (may I) play for four more minutes?"

4. He loves to make his own choices - clothes to wear, foods to eat, games to play, shows to watch. He can often be heard asking Josie, "what are your choices, Jo?"

5. "Who loves Jack? Mommy, Daddy, and JoJo love Jack. Did you know that, Mommy?" He continues to be such a sweet boy (except when he's not!) and tell us he loves us numerous times each day.

6. He is very aware who is married to whom, and we review all of the "couples" in his life regularly. "Daddy is married to Mommy, Doc is married to Mam, Pops is married to Mimi, Bill is married to Fran, Will is married Kerrie," etc. He is standing here as I write and we reviewed these and he threw in a new one - Daddy is married to Jo. Funny.

2 comments:

The Bells said...

Oh they are growing up too fast! I really hope to come have a visit again very very soon. I think we need to have a ranger trip again as well on a cooler day soon! Hope all is well and as soon as my collar bone is better I would love to come see you guys! Love, Ashley

Anonymous said...

Cara,

Hello friend! I ran into your blog from another blog. Congrats on baby Katherine coming soon! You look great and Jack and Josie are precious and adorable! We are expecting baby #4 in late July. :) Hope all is well, tell you family I said hello!

Anitra
anitra_edney@yahoo.com
theedneyfamily.com