Our friends the Starrs invited us to the Arlington parade.

On our way, Jack couldn't understand why all the neighbors weren't joining us....and began shouting, "Wake up for America!" It also disturbed him that we were the only house on the street with our grand ol' flag flying. This is a boy after his Mam's heart.
The parade was hot but the kids are still talking about all the fun floats, marching bands and music. Kate was a trooper in the heat and only got into a little trouble with her buddy Rachel.

We ate lunch at a fun 50's diner, took naps (sort of) and then finished the day with a few hours at the water park with the Starrs. I hope they will always be so excited about this special day.
2 comments:
We had SOOOOOO much fun hanging out with you guys on America's birthday. I loved Jack's re-enactment of his morning neighborhood greeting! And tell Jack that Clay and I thank him from the bottom of our hearts for showing Ethan that it can actually be fun to get your head wet in the swimming pool. :) Love you 5.
"Wake up for America" is the funniest thing I have heard/read today. Thanks Jack...who knew you were going to be so hilarious? We're proud of your swimming and can't wait for you to teach the rest of the cousins.
Wish we could do some fireworks on the farm with Will...he's always good for a few bottle rockets with some type of helmet.
Love you guys. -Kennedy 4
Post a Comment