Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ONE of a Kind


Dear Katherine Joy,
Happy birthday to you, dear one. You are one of a kind and we thank God for your birth a year ago. God made you with a strong will, determination, and an outgoing, joyful personality.
We are learning new things about you every day. Just today I learned that you know exactly what "no" means and like to test your boundaries anyway. You climb at an amazing speed but haven't let go of things to take your own steps. Take your time!
I awaited you with great anticipation, and from birth, felt like you were my kindred spirit. I, too, was intense by nature from the beginning, so I welcome your passion for life!
I have so enjoyed the sweet, quiet moments we have shared the past year. You rarely slow down, so nursing you has been special. It is the only time you are willing to sit and just be. Some of your loves right now are books,(reading and chewing on them!) food, and Jack's toys. We are constantly trying to think before you...making sure bathroom doors are closed, stair gates are locked, and wipe lids are closed. You have been my daily dose of exercise for sure.
This weekend we will celebrate your birth with a party and by dedicating you to the Lord at church. Many have asked me if I am sad to see my baby turn one. I say with confidence that I am so excited for you! You were born independent and ready to grow up. I expect great things from you....our little fireball.
Happy birthday to Kate. You are one of a kind, and we love the way God made you.
Love,
Mamamamama
ps. Here you are eating our traditional birthday breakfast - a blueberry muffin. You immediately reached for the burning candle! Just another reminder to me of how one of kind you are. Jack and Jo didn't think of this!

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Kate!!!