
My dear Katherine Joy,
At sixteen months, you are a complete handful....a handful of fun, surprises, drama, and sweetness. I have never met another baby like you. You are certainly one of a kind! You have the highest highs and we all love to be around you when you are happy, entertaining and giggling for no reason. You also have some very low lows, complete with temper tantrums, kicking and screaming. You get over things easily and quickly and that is a good thing!
You love meat in the form of burgers or chicken tacos, yogurt, milk and all bread products. Just this morning you put away two blueberry muffins in no time. I haven't found many fruits that you love but you are content with applesauce, bananas, and the occasional orange.
You play with toys well and have grown very attached to one baby doll in particular. You carry her around most of the day, along with a phone. You push cars with Jack, and load up Little People into vehicles. I am already amazed by your ability to imagine, create and play.
You babble quite a bit, but we don't understand many words. You confuse a few of your signs like "all done" and "more," but you are constantly signing "thank you" to us. I think you like the reaction it brings. Your love of books continues to grow. A few times each day I put you in your crib with a ton of books and you sit there and look through every page of every book!
When I think of you at 16 months, I think of your contagious grin, your determined walk, and your giggle. Jack can still make you laugh more than anyone, and he loves you deeply...his "Katie."
You add much joy and exhaustion to this little house. I hope I will always remember exactly what you were like at sweet sixteen months.
Love you forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment