*Eating pb & j sandwiches, bananas, crackers, pancakes/waffles
*Playing outside
*Reading books
*Climbing - onto chairs, tables, stools, stairs, you name it
*Coloring
*the Wiggles
*Being pushed on her trike
*Music time at home
*Surprisingly, time away from home - church nursery, school nursery on Thursdays
*Bath time!

Kate's Lows:
*Being told "no"
*Not getting to do exactly what J/J do - card games, use markers, climb the playset
*Taking two naps each day - doesn't want to miss anything
*Getting molars - oh the drool and pain!
*Lowest point of the day - when Mommy is cooking dinner
*Communication problems - she has a handful of words and signs but gets frustrated when we don't understand her

Now that I am writing this I am so pleased that I came up with more highs than lows! It's been a rough month with our Kate but we are praying for joy and contentment for her. The great, yet challenging thing, about this little one is that she wears her emotions on her sleeve. So, when she is happy, she is so fun to be around and so dear. But when she is having a rough time it really affects all of us. We, of course, would never trade anything about her and love her deeply. At 18 months....she is high, she is low, but she is ours.
3 comments:
It is strange how I know Kate the least of the 3...but in so many ways I feel like I know her best! I totally agree with the blessing of a child wearing her feelings on her sleeve...the happy times are so happy (I won't mention the pain of the sad times...). No matter what, we love Kate and we are so excited about getting some time with her! (We can just put Clay and Kate in a room together and let them be emotional together!)
I SO enjoyed playing with her this morning...loved that laugh. She's got some spunk for a tiny little thing...you know, she would probably fit in your backpack!
Very sweet post and I am glad to hear that my child is somewhat normal since we experience alot lows and he too wears his emotions on his sleeve... we leave tomorrow but it was good to see you while we were here
Post a Comment