Updates:
1. Will has been super dad/hubs lately...so patient with all my nesting needs and demands. He takes the kids to the library weekly, gives them baths when he is home in the evening, does Jack's Cubbies lessons/memorizations, and is truly impressing me on the grill! He plays in a basketball league on Monday nights and his team is undefeated so that's been fun for him.
2. I am 30 weeks pregnant and feeling it! I am totally psyched about scrapbooking for 3 days straight next weekend with BFF Lisa at the Creative Cottage in McKinney. Will and my folks will be entertaining and taking care of the kids. I love my new Elfa workstation and garage organization....thank you Will and Dad! Did I mention that I am nesting?

3. Jack is officially a reader. He wants to read and spell everything. We think he is so smart and funny. He is an avid gamer. We both play at least 5 board/card games with him daily. He loves to ride his bike and pretend that he is a variety of characters. I have caught myself just staring at him lately....sounds strange but I have been mesmerized by the boy that has replaced my first baby. He is a month away from being 5 and Will and I are stunned!

4. Josie has decided that she just wants to be "plain old Josie" and not be the funny girl. I guess we have laughed too much at her innocent silliness and comedy. I am a little sad about this because it means she is aware of what others think and I hope that no one has discouraged her beautiful carefree spirit. She and Jack are the same height but there is still nothing like a big Josie hug as she wraps her long arms and legs around you and rests her head on your shoulder.

5. Kate and I are struggling at the moment. She is discontent with life - teething, unable to communicate some of her desires, and has a cold. She is obsessed with belly buttons, books and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! When I sung to her tonight and prayed over her, I prayed for contentment for her. She is at a crossroads and I look forward to the other side! I can't believe that in 10 short weeks she will no longer be the baby of the family.
Life is good. Life is busy. Life is a gift.
3 comments:
I love these photos - I seriously can't believe they'll be a 5 year old among us in a month. I've now switched from a daily countdown to the retreat, to an hourly countdown. :)
Thank you for the sweet pictures. Sometimes I am amazed that I can love someone else's kids as much as I love yours (even if I don't see them too often!).
You and Lisa need to stop bragging about your retreat...just joking..I'm just jealous.
Your thoughts on Kate are stunningly similar to many of Clay's crossroads. They come and go...but I think with a dramatic kid it makes the good times even better! Love to the LHIGP~ K
Cara,
Jack made quite an impression on Libby. I told her we were having friends over to play yesterday and she squealed, "Who? Jack?!" All 3 of your children have such sweet spirits. We enjoyed seeing y'all the other night.
Post a Comment