Monday, March 15, 2010

Kate's storm


"And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands.
For You are who You are
And no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm." -Casting Crowns

You wouldn't know it by looking at this picture that Kate has been through a storm in the past two weeks. No, she is back to her silly two year old self after a week of a violent stomach bug, a shocking seizure, a long day at Children's ER, a CT scan, an EKG, lots of bloodwork, and a MRI.
All tests have come back normal and healthy for our little girl and we thank God. I am, however, a wreck. Have you ever called out to God and begged Him for something? If so, then you know what I mean. I didn't know what I would do or what I would think of God if He allowed something to be wrong with our sweet Kate. Would I be able to trust Him still? Would I be able to praise Him in the storm?
If you are reading this and believe and trust in God, please pray for Kate. Pray that she will not have a seizure disorder. Pray that she will be able to take a nap this Friday during her EEG testing at Children's. Pray that God will protect her and keep her. Pray that she will not have any more seizures.
And for us, I ask you pray that we will trust God with this little one, even if we don't like His answers. Pray that we will be the best parents we can be to all of our children as we meet their needs. Thank you.

4 comments:

King's Krew said...

have had you in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so ! You are such a wonderful mom and I know God will get you through this !!

laci

Anonymous said...

definitely praying for y'all.

Anonymous said...

I know how scary that can be. We will be praying for little Kate.Jessica N.

Unknown said...

Praying.