Friday, June 04, 2010

goodbye and hello

Goodbye to a beloved teacher.
Goodbye to a familiar school.
Goodbye to the uniform - red shirt, khaki shorts/pants.
Goodbye to 13 friends.
Goodbye to kindergarten!

doing the last Friday dance of the school year!

Hello to Rangers games.
Hello to swimming pools.
Hello to family vacations.
Hello to VBS and fun camps.
Hello to summer!

celebrating the last day of school at Kincaid's before the Rangers game

This time last year I began praying for Jack's kindergarten teacher....praying she would be a Mom, praying she would be nurturing, but also a firm disciplinarian. I prayed for her heart, her family, her strength and energy. As a teacher, I know so many things go into what you are able to give every day to children. The Lord answered my prayers with Mrs. Mathis. Jack will never forget his "best teacher ever!" When we said goodbye today, she and I both cried! I will miss seeing her every day and volunteering in her class on Monday afternoons.

I also prayed for one special friend for our Jack....a friend he could play with, talk to, and look forward to seeing each day. He is like me in that, he doesn't need a lot of friends. He needed one good friend. After the first week, he began talking about Jerrod. Jerrod loved baseball. Jerrod was shy, quiet and well-behaved. Jerrod was a good student. The Lord provided a true friend in Jerrod. When Jerrod's parents told him that Jack would not be coming back to this school, Jerrod said immediately, "well, we will always have baseball!" Yes they will! We plan to always play ball with Jerrod!

Goodbye kindergarten, hello first grade!

Awards Assembly - Principal's Honor Roll, Reading Award, Math Award, Music Award


our graduate


Jack's fans


best friends


receiving his kindergarten diploma

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW! Hard to believe it's already over! Tell Jack that we are so proud of him and that he's been such a good example for Ethan. Looking forward to having all the kids together this summer. See you Monday morning!