Thursday, December 02, 2010

God sighting


This past summer at our VBS, we were encouraging the kids to look for God in our days....in the smile of a friend, a kind word, or a hug.

It's humbling and awesome when you have a God sighting in your own home, talking to your son.

Jack recently had a bad fall that led to a bruised back. He needed a few days of home health visits, 3 doses of his iv factor meds, and a trip to the physical therapist. That would overwhelm most six year olds. Shoot, that would overwhelm most adults.
But when God made Jack, He didn't just make him with Hemophilia. He gave Jack extra doses of wisdom, courage, and sensitivity to the Spirit.
I was tucking Jack into bed one night after the fall. He seemed deep in thought, as he often does. He internalizes things so I am always ready to listen when he is ready to talk. He asked simply, "Mommy, did God want me to fall?" I told him that God never wants to harm us because He loves us so much....but that sometimes He allows us to fall. He smiled. And then, I saw God. My son ministered to me and said - "Mommy, God knows everything about me, and He knew I would fall! But He will always be with me."

I feel like God was speaking to me through my child....reminding me that He will be with Jack. Reminding me that He made Jack and knows him better than anyone, even me. I needed to hear God that day. I needed that God sighting. Thank you God for my son. Thank you God for making him, loving him, and never leaving him.

1 comment:

TeamRB said...

Thank you so much for sharing such a sweet, tender moment. It is funny because I had sat down at my computer to find an e-mail that was extremely hurtful. My husband has been at work all night, the kids are asleep, and I felt alone. I knew that I should have gone to the lord to comfort me but instead I sat down at the computer desk only to read these sweet words. God comforts us and is with us even when we turn to other things first. This touched me.
Rebekah