Saturday, April 16, 2011


Dear Sam,

I can't believe you are two years old! Yet, you have been acting two for almost a year now....climbing, running, hopping, playing ball. You are the most verbal two year old I have ever met. You are opinionated and have a strong will. You have a constant mischievous grin that makes us all laugh, and scares us a bit too! You have been compared to my Dad, "Doc", at this age.....a blonde, blue-eyed stinker!

Most of the time I am just plain amazed by you. Just the other day you were playing baseball with Jack, and you were fielding his grounders. He hit the ball to you, and you stopped the ball with your glove and ran to first base to tag him out! I was speechless.

Speechless.....yes, that describes my thoughts towards you. Speechless when it comes to disciplining your strong will. Speechless when it comes to how much I adore your sweet dimpled face. Speechless when I watch you interact with the world. You sang happy birthday to yourself almost perfectly! You just get it.

Your second year showed your strength. With six ear infections, you made it look easy. We decided you needed tubes, so hopefully your third year will be a bit smoother and happier. You are happiest when you are busy playing ball outside, or climbing something. The things you love, you love fiercely and completely....your blankie "babies," your left middle fingers, your Daddy, Jack, kicking the soccer ball, shooting the basketball, hitting the baseball, yogurt, oranges, "waters," popcorn on movie nights, playing Leapster, and giving Mommy kisses.

I am so proud of you, Sam boy. God made you just right! You will always be my baby boy. My heart is full when I think of you. Happy two years to you!

Mommy

No comments: