
Today I am thinking of my first friend. I would have followed him anywhere. He was my leader and I was his sidekick. I miss my brother Clay. Today, eleven years later, I still reach for the phone to tell him whatever is going on with us. Will and I tell "Clay stories" and we smile. Here we are in May of 1981 at our Uncle Curtis' final review at Texas A&M. Clay was decked out in his Corps uniform, made by my Granny. Once again, I was just following him. I wanted to be where he was. I am thankful that, soon, I will be where he is once again. Looking forward to our reunion in Heaven!
4 comments:
Remembering with you, Cara.
Love you guys and I'm remembering you in prayer today. You both look adorable in this picture (and you remind me of Sam with the fingers!).
Your heart is so sweet and the love you have for Clay is evident in your writing... Thank God for those special memories.
I still catch myself reaching for the phone too. Love that picture of y'all!!
Post a Comment