Friday, March 16, 2012

march memories

I love March. It feels like anything might happen. It feels like new beginnings with spring around the corner. But what I really love about it is the memories. March is when our family of two became a family of three. I became a Mom on March 8, 2004.
Last week our firstborn turned eight years old, and all I can think about is that moment when I saw his face for the first time. It was a beautiful moment. I finally understood what my Mom meant when she told me that being a Mom was like watching your heart walk around outside of your body. In a moment, my life changed forever. March will always be my favorite month for that reason.
And now I look at my son and I tell him thank you every day....for making me a Mom, for being my brave son, and for changing my life that March day.

No comments: