Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dear Sam, Happy three years to my baby boy. I love this picture of you from the morning of your birthday. It radiates joy and passion, (and a little mischief!) which are two things God has given you. You are passionate about the things you love - your siblings, especially Josie, your Daddy, any kind of ball, getting dirty, climbing, yogurt, your fingers and blankie, and all technology! You have a joy in life that rubs off on all of us. We sit at the dinner table each night, and it never fails that your stories and jokes are the center of attention! Daddy and I find ourselves telling "Sam stories" each night after all the kids are asleep. I am amazed how a little person can frustrate me and make me laugh all in the same moment! You are my sidekick, my "best buddy" as you say. We go through our days together. I love that and wouldn't trade a moment I have with you. Three years is not enough to read to, play with, laugh at, cry along with, sing to, and hold. You are strong-willed and determined. You are convinced that you are actually ten years old. When I picked you up from your crib on the morning of your birthday, the first thing you said to me was, "Is it my birthday? I'm ten." But you are three, and I look forward to this year with you. I know God has great things in store for my little blonde, blue-eyed wonder. Sam-boy, I love you with all my heart. Mommy

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Sweet Sam!