


We like music around here. When the kids wake each morning, we sing "Rise and Shine" and when they go to bed each night we sing "You are my Sunshine" and "Jesus Loves Me." It's part of their routine. Morning music is one of my favorite times of the day. When Will leaves for work, we need distraction and we need it quick. So, most mornings we turn on the radio and make music with our instruments. We have a dance party! Don't let Jack's frown (still in his no picture phase) fool you - he loves movin' and groovin' to the beat. Jack's favorite instrument is the recorder and Josie is a maraca woman. Both like to "share" the drum. What can I say? They get their rhythm from their mother. Come visit us and we'll perform live for you.
3 comments:
Yes, the music passdown! I don't remember everything from the San Saba days but I do remember following Clay around the house, playing "Aggie Band!" He wanted to be just like Curtis and I wanted to be just like Daryl. And now it has been passed down to Jack and Jo.
But the real question is - who is Curtis and who is Daryl? :)
Here's the reason my kids need to live near the Davis Family...no matter what, I have a SUPER hard time feeling like singing in the morning. Oh, hopefully I'll be able to pull myself together in the next few years, I do love to carry on traditions! Jack, Ethan and Clay will be in the Aggie Band together...don't tell Clay's CT Dad!
Post a Comment