

Ever wish you could be a fly on the wall at night when your children fall asleep? Will and I have actually thought about setting up a "spy camera" to see what Jack does to fall asleep. We love that our children put themselves to sleep but would also love to see how they do it!
Lately Jack has been asking for a night light so he can read a book in bed after we say good night at 8pm. We always oblige and are thankful he loves to read! However, I don't think he is always "reading" in there. Before I go to bed each night I turn off his night light. I usually cover him up and take the books out of his bed. Recently, though, I have been seeing some peculiar things.....diapers strewn about the room, stuffed animals in different locations, and the funniest of all, underwear on Jack's head. We had to take a picture of this! The flash made him arouse a bit, a no-no in our parenting book, but it was worth it.
Jack loves his Elmo underwear and managed to find them in the dark of the night and put them on his head. The underwear stayed there all night, and he had a little crease in his hair the next morning. When I asked him about it, he answered simply, "Jack put underwear on head. Jack funny." Somehow the Elmo underwear had my son talking in the third person like the furry monster himself!
Anyway, I guess we could invest in one of those fancy video monitors to watch our kids, but for now, it remains a mystery about what happens behind their closed doors at night.
5 comments:
That is too funny. I often am SOOO tempted to hide in the closet or something until Hannah falls asleep to see what she does. I dont know why....glad to know that I am not the only one!!! I hear her talking and sometimes it sounds like she is up to the craziest things. Hey, we will be able to watch our future children, I am sure cause even this year the spycams came down in price, so definitely in the future they will be cheaper!!! Jack, you make me smile :)
Very funny! We also turn off night lights before we go to bed and often find interesting things...never any underwear on heads though :)
I am cracking up. This is like a scene from a movie, and I'm sure Jack was very proud of himself when he actually got the underwear on his head. I wonder what JoJo does behind her closed doors... Do you guys have plans Friday? If not, and I'm feeling up to it, we may make a little GP outing. Let me know!
Boys crack me up! Jack is a character...by the way - he said he wanted to come play at my house...can he come over?
For some reason...blogger would not let me comment on the last post! Soooo...yea for telling everyone about my newest Davis buddy that is on the way! That was a secret that Clay & I could only keep for so long!
AND - Jack is funny. How did he not want to take those off in the middle of the night? That's crazy...must be the Davis genes? :)
Post a Comment