

When I was home recently I was looking at my baby book, and throughout the book my Mom referred to my maternal instincts and interest in all things domestic! I carried around babies, dressed and fed them, and made my younger brother do the same. I guess I figured all toddler girls were the same. Well, meet Josephine Davis, my daughter. She throws babies to the side and would rather be outside shooting the basketball into the hoop. That's right, the girl can slam dunk at 16 months. Despite my early domestic tendencies, this girl is actually a dream come true for this late-bloomer athlete and sports-obsessed father. We are proud, and happy for Jack, as he will obviously have a worthwhile teammate. She also fetches his baseball after he bats off the tee. Sweet.
In our quest to create a basketball team in our own family, Josie has already filled the position at point guard. Stay tuned in August for the third player in the lineup. You read this right....Team Davis is expanding! All predictions and color commentating welcome...
9 comments:
Wow! That is so awesome! We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy for both you and your baby... and that he or she is the perfect fit to join your All Star team! : )
Congratulations!
-cheryl
WooHooo!!! Congratulations! What fun news. You are soon to be outnumbered, but will have a full varisty basketball team if every plays. Perhpas you can find nother fam of 5 to take on.
I can't wait to meet the newest member of Team Davis. For what it's worth, I'm thinking girl (and the Chinese conception chart says girl). Then, of course, you'll need to have one more boy to even things out. :) I'm praying for no more sick days, an unseasonably cool summer, and a very easy pregnancy. We love you guys!
Thanks for the excitement, guys. I tried to slip in our big news there at the end of the blog to see if our readers would catch it. You passed the test! We are pumped about this baby, and so is Jack!
Congratulations Davis family! What wonderful news!
No way!!! OH my goodness! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet the little one. Love you guys!
How exciting!! I am so happy for your growing family. We would love to see you guys the next time we come to the metroplex area! By the way, your babies are precious...good genes for sure!!
How exciting! Number 3 on the way!! Congratulations to you all. I love to check the blogspot and you can even find out exciting family news when you do! By the way, your babies are precious. Good genes, huh! We are so happy for all of you. We need to make a trip to see you guys the next time we are in the metroplex area! Love you guys, Karla
Oops, I must be really excited for ya'll since I posted TWICE to this!
Post a Comment