Thursday, January 17, 2008

28 Reasons





I received an email this week from Babycenter titled: "Your Preschooler at 28 months." I actually had to read it a few times and think which child it was talking about. I haven't referred to Josie in "months" for a long time it feels. She is so...2. Here's 28 reasons to love this 28-month old.
1. Have you ever seen eyes this blue?
2. She is a great mommy to her babies.
3. She talks about everything. Just this morning she raised her shirt and said, "Look, Mommy, I have a baby in my tummy."
4. She crawls into my bed every morning and snuggles with me until I am ready to get up.
5. She has the cutest pigtails I have ever seen.
6. She likes to hop.
7. She eats just about anything. Some faves are cereal, oranges, "kini" bread, and granola bars
8. Her signature dance move is the shoulder shrug.
9. She can say her ABC's and count to ten. This week she has been counting in Spanish to three.
10. She loves her "babysisterTate."
11. She smiles with her eyes.
12. She gives great kisses and hugs.
13. She is getting better at using the potty.
14. When she washes her hands, she sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star EVERY TIME.
15. She is simply hilarious. This morning she said, "Let's go amigos!"
16. Every day at 11am she asks to watch "D-D-D-Dora!"
17. Her thumb and pink blankie are all she needs in crisis.
18. She loves her Doc and Mam, and their dog "Dutchie boy."
19. She is so tough - takes tumbles and falls in stride.
20. She is a book lover - at least 6 times a day she comes to me and says, "Read this book to me, please."
21. Jack is her rock star.
22. When we try to pretend and make up names for each other, she gets frustrated. "No, I Josie!"
23. She likes to wear her sunglasses upside-down only, and this drives Jack crazy.
24. She is the tallest kid in her class. Most people think she and Jack are twins.
25. She is really difficult to discipline because she truly forgets instructions. Just today she was climbing up my desk chair and I said, "Josie, that's not safe. No climbing." She responded, "Oh, I sorry."
26. She likes to eat toothpaste. When we can't find her, we know to look in the bathroom.
27. When I pick her up at school, she runs to me and gives me a hug!
28. We love her because she makes our days fun and light.
Happy 28 months, JoJo.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love how she loves on Ray-Ray but still runs with the big boys. What would life be like without JoJo?!? Give her a big hug for me.

ginny said...

I'm amazed at how many of these could be listed for Libby. We do have to get all our kids together. Our family is in the middle of illness, but, after that (and before this baby gets here) we will have to meet up in Arlington or something. I would love to see how our kids interact :)

Clay said...

Happy 28, Jo!
29. You are the first girl...you set the standard!
30. You love your blankie!
31. You're Clay-Jack's twin
32. You are unique to the family...not quite as complex as your brother and cousin
33. You make everyone smile!
love you- aunt kat (i had to add a few more to the 28!)