Saturday, January 24, 2009

FFA






Jack, Josie and Kate love to go to the farm. They play, eat all their fave foods and basically get spoiled. They also help. My parents are organic farmers and have a huge garden, raise chickens and cows. This requires daily work, so the kids get to pitch in. A bonus is that they love eating the fruits of their labor. They ask for vegetables often, (what other four-year old asks for broccoli and cauliflower at dinner?)eat eggs like champs, and can put away burgers in no time. During their recent visit, Kate even joined in on the farm work. She looks so big roaming the garden rows! Jack's favorite vegetable is peas, and Josie loves to eat carrots straight from the dirt....I used to do the same thing.
Here are our Future Farmers of America.

5 comments:

KatieKate said...

SOOOO fun! Love the garden... it's so neat and tidy.

I need to ask your mom how to organically keep the tomato bugs of my, well, tomatoes.

ginny said...

Fun, fun! Addi just saw these pictures and said, "I wish my grandparents had a farm! I'd milk the cow!"

Lisa said...

It's so much fun seeing Kate out there working on the farm. We need to add "getting all the kids to the farm" to our to-do list.

Anonymous said...

Brylie and I love these pictures. Brylie especially likes "Josie eat a carrot!"

The Edney's said...

what fun memories you have and are creating! great pics.