Thursday, March 26, 2009

anticipation

I am feeling really sentimental tonight. And nostalgic. This happens to me a lot after the kids go to bed! I can't wait for them to go to sleep, and then I am just overwhelmed with thankfulness for them. To me, they are beautiful and wonderfully made. Flawed, yet perfect to this mama.
And tonight it is all too real that, in 3 weeks or less, I am going to have another little one to care for and love.....another extension of myself, part of my very heart. We anticipate Sam's birth with excitement! His birth will change us forever and make our family complete. His life will give us new purpose. I know he will bring joy to his siblings. Simply put....today I asked Kate (19 months) if she was a baby. She shook her head "no" and pointed to my tummy. It seems that even she knows that things are changing. Am I sad that she is no longer my baby? Not tonight. As I think about each one in their bed, I know they were each anticipated with this same excitement and that they will each be "my baby" forever....
Here I am with my three at a very windy farm picnic on the porch! Possibly my last photo with just the three of them before Sam's birthday.

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So sweet and cute... I can not wait to see pics of little sam...

Brandon and Sarah Moss said...

Hi Cara!
Such a small world--Traci Uno is a mutual friend...we started talking about A&M, class of 2000, ASC, Mosher 3rd floor and your name came up! I was so excited when she said that you had a blog and were pregnant with your fourth child! I LOVED seeing the pictures of your kids. They are precious. Congratulations again.
Sarah (Sutton) Moss

Lisa said...

Isn't it a bit overwhelming to think about all of the people who already love Sam without even laying eyes on him? We love you guys.

King's Krew said...

you have such a sweet family and I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one !

laci king