There are probably 500 things I could say about my firstborn but for the next five days, we will count down with five things we love about him. I am going to post a pic from each year of his life. What a life it has been!
#5. We love Jack's sweet, sensitive spirit. He is very in tune with the needs of others around him. Case in point....just last Sunday, we were driving to church. It was 10:15 and we were stopped at the light at Carrier/I20. He suddenly said to me, "Mommy, I sure hope Doc and Mam are ok. They are driving in bad weather to "Ginia." Do you think they are ok?" I told him not to worry and to pray for their safety. He answered ok. Turns out that, at that very moment, my parents were not ok....long story, but on their long trek to see Clif and co. in DC had been given bad gasoline (non-diesel in their diesel truck!) and their truck had died on the snowy interstate at 10:15. His sweet little prayers were answered with a good Samaritan stopping to tow my parents and their truck/trailer to safety. God heard the prayers of their grandson and protected them! This is not uncommon for Jack to sense the needs of others and we pray that God will use his sweet spirit to encourage and care for others throughout his life.
Here is our sweet Jack during his first year. Have you ever seen a sweeter face?
1 comment:
That brought tears to my eyes. I so love this kid. Ethan is beside himself with excitement for the campout!
Post a Comment