Sunday, July 12, 2009

espn junkie

When Jack was a baby, Will would watch ESPN SportsCenter with him daily...you know, during the middle-of-the-night burping parties and such. It became a sort of ritual..the two of them watching the latest and greatest sports updates. Fast forward five years, and my son is now asking to watch SportsCenter daily. I even heard myself say yesterday, "If you obey, you may watch some extra sports news on ESPN!"
He has really become quite the Texas Rangers fan, but a lot of their games are on late at night, past his bedtime. So, we tape the games, and when he wakes in the morning, he watches the whole game. I am amazed honestly. While his sisters watch Playhouse Disney or PBS, he chooses to watch sports. And he doesn't just watch it. He acts out almost every play. He wears his cap, glove, and has his bat and ball close at hand. He sets up bases and runs when the players do. He runs into the kitchen where I am preparing or cleaning up breakfast to give me score reports. Basically, he is a walking, talking SportsCenter!

1 comment:

Clay said...

Making me laugh...it's 1:00 am. I'm about to feed our little one and I watch sportscenter every night during one feeding because middle of the night tv is so boring. Tell Jack...I'm a junkie too! Love you all. -k