Thursday, July 30, 2009

vacation top ten

We are back after our family vacation! What a great two weeks of being together.
Here's our top ten:
1. Flying to San Antonio was exciting for all. Jack and Josie have flown as babies but don't remember it. Kate looked so big sitting in her own seat with a seatbelt. We got lots of stares in the airports, especially going through security! Lots of shoes to take on and off, stroller to fold, backpacks, etc. It wore me out but the kids loved every minute of it. Thanks to Sam and Shannon for doing this for us - we are now spoiled and will dread the 5 hour drive!

2. Time at the lake house with all the Davis cousins was amazing. Jack and Josie were giddy to be around their big cousins. They swam in the pool, rode on jet skis, and played games. Here are all eleven cousins!

3. It was great introducing Sam to our Davis family. He was so sweet during the trip and had lots of smiles and coos for everyone.

4. We tried out the Sea World water park to cool off one afternoon with Connor!

5. We love Sea World and this was no exception. I especially enjoyed this visit because we were able to let Sam and Kate play with a sitter and just take the "big kids." Jack's favorite thing was the Shamu roller coaster and Josie was happy to see the dolphins even though we didn't get to feed them this time.

6. This trip was huge for J and J's swimming! They turned into fish right before our eyes. They swam at Uncle Josh's house, the Spectrum pool with all the cousins, and at the lake house. We are so proud of them and how confident they are becoming in the water.

7. We threw a party for my parent's 60th birthdays in Clifton. What a special time! I hope I look this good at 60.

8. This was a sweet moment between Doc and Kate. The cake was delicious!

9. So many friends and family came to the party to honor my parents. Over 70 people were there to wish them a happy 60th.

10. Will, Jack and Josie drove to Alexandria to visit Pops and Mimi. They had a blast swimming, going to the zoo and children's museum, and eating Mimi's cooking. They came home with lots of stories and fun memories. The littles and I stayed at the farm for a few days, relaxing and being with Doc and Mam.

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Wow what a great trip and you look great little mama.

Lisa said...

I'm tired just reading about all of it! So glad you guys were able to get away for a few days, but I'm also really glad you're back in GP! And you may need to write some kind of airport security survival guide. :)

kristi said...

Oh Happy Birthday Celia. I knew your birthday was in mid-July but I can't ever remember the exact date. I second what Cara said, "I hope I look that good at 60, Heck, I don't look that good now, what am I saying. Congrats