
"Live a good life and, in the end, it's not the years in a life, it's the life in the years." Abraham Lincoln
My brother Clay would've been 34 this week. He lived an exceptional life in his 24 years. I remember him today and every day. I miss him today and every day. If you knew him, you could not forget him. It was my privilege to grow up with him, laugh at his jokes, argue with him, cheer for him, and cry with him.
He loved being the center of attention, so he loved celebrating his birthday. I have many birthday memories of him but I woke up on October 20th this year remembering one in particular. His birthday always seemed to fall around the A&M/Baylor game. I have no idea which birthday it was but we were going to College Station for the game. He got to invite a few friends to go to celebrate. Clif and I tagged along as usual. I honestly don't remember how the Aggies did but I do remember that we had a great time. I also remember after the game we walked around the stands picking up the Aggie plastic cups that people had left behind. (gross) We were sitting in the end zone. He included me just like I was one of his friends. He always did. This may seem small, but if you are a little sister, you know it was huge.
Many people have written me this week, remembering Clay, telling stories, and sharing their favorite memories of him. Thank you for this....it helps us so much. He lived a great life in his years and now lives an even better life than we can imagine.
2 comments:
Sweet friend... what sweet words to write about your brother... I will say a prayer today for you and your family... what a great pic to treasure forever...
Hey C - very sweet post about an amazing big brother. I will never forget Clay and Bryan scaring the living daylights out of us in the truck that day. Love you...all of you.
Post a Comment