I look at Kate in amazement. She has grown up the most of our children in the past year. Just today when I told her she was my baby girl, she tossed her dark hair at me and said, "I not a baby anymore!" She has such opinions, and we pray these will turn into great conviction. She has such potential! 2010 will always be remembered to me as one of the scariest mommy moments, as I held my precious Kate while she had a seizure. We are so thankful for God's protection over her through this and the many tests that all came out clear. We started the year still with many concerns about her speech, and marvel the difference a year has made. She speaks well, almost too much, and works hard at being understood.
My dear Kate,
I see so much of myself in you....stubborn and independent, yet sensitive and affectionate. You are one of a kind, and I look forward to seeing how God grows you up in 2011! I intend to enjoy and hold onto these last moments of babyhood. You turn four this year, and with each day, you lose a bit of your babyish ways. Last year saw you enjoying your days at home, (you love your toys, home, and family) but get so excited to see friends at church and Sonshine Club. This year, I predict new words, new skills, and a new attitude from you. It will be sweet to watch you dance on stage at your recital, learn to swim, and start preschool with me in the fall. You are loved, Kate.
No comments:
Post a Comment