Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Dear Josie,
This morning you started a new adventure! It was your first day in kindergarten. I feel like you have been doing school for a while with me, but this was different....you are making new friends, you have a new teacher, and you are wearing a uniform! We are so thankful for the privilege you have to go to Grace Prep Academy this year. You will be at school on Tuesday/Thursday, and I will homeschool you on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. What a privilege I have too, to be your teacher again!
Just the thought of you makes me smile. You are my joy. You are sincerely kind and compassionate. You are seriously funny, and such a storyteller. You go back and forth between a dolphin trainer and author as your future career path! You are innocent and think the best of everyone. You still love to cuddle with me, suck your thumb and rub your blankie....but have no problem being independent from us.
It was the best summer with you, but you and I have been counting down the days to school! You are ready in every sense, and thankfully, it has been a good transition from homeschool to part-homeschool. It will be fun and challenging to do schoolwork at home with you and Jack!
I am not sure how kindergarten got here so quickly. I must have blinked. I know I will blink again and you will be a teenager! For now, I cherish this time with you and look forward to a great year. Daddy and I pray for you every day....that you will glorify and honor the Lord in the way you learn, listen, and treat others at school. We want you to do well and be excellent, but mostly we want you to make Him famous every day!
We love you, sweet Josie. I am your biggest fan.
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment