Tuesday, September 12, 2006

#1 In Our Hearts






We now have a big ONE YEAR-OLD in our house! Today at 6:03 pm our Josephine will officially be ONE. On one hand we can't believe it but, when we look at her, we know it's true. She is acting like a one year old, (trying to stand in her highchair) looking like a one year-old (more dark brown hair and trying to walk) and even sounding like a one year old. (squealing, babbling, pointing and "talking") I would be very sad if it weren't for our morning and after nap cuddles.
For Josie's birthday we had a brown and pink polka dot party. Yes, it was my dream come true but I thought she looked pretty cute in her dots as well! Special friends and family came to celebrate our little girl - with games, gifts, handwritten notes and even a slideshow by Dad. Thank you for being here!
What a year. Seems like yesterday when we brought her home. We look forward to what year #2 has to bring with Josie Marie.

11 comments:

becca said...

Happy Birthday Josie (in 2 hrs 23 min)!!! Can't believe you have a two year old and a 1 year old! Your family pic is adorable!

And how did you do that sign? We always do a sign for Julianne, and may have to copy your's this year! I also like the polka dot theme - very posh!

I think you should download the slideshow (if it is on your computer) to YouTube so we can see it! I love slideshows. I can't wait to do Julianne's this year.

And Jack looks so cute for his 1st day of school! Isn't the best part when they come hug your legs?!?

Let me know how you did the letters for the sign. I am thinking we are going to need a software upgrade on the ol' pc.

I think that was the longest blog comment ever left! :)

Love y'all,
Becca

KatieKate said...

love it.
love every pink and brown bit of it.

Cara...you need to call/email Janna- she has some wacky news. jannawaughan(at)hotmail(dot)com

Clay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clay said...

oh dear....not only was it cara's dream, but mine too! and i missed it! thank goodness for pictures. josephine marie is the cutest little girl in those dots (jack looks pretty snazzy in his school photos as well!).
we are so blessed to call josie our own (niece that is) & thank the Lord for both of your children daily!
happy birthday, precious girl! we love you~ Aunt Kat & Clay-Jack (and Unc, from somewhere over the pacific)

Unknown said...

Too cute Cara! You look like you love being a mom! You inspire me with all your creativity and how you keep everyone up to date on your beautiful family. It makes me excited for all I have to look forward to with Saige!

love,
cheryl

Unknown said...

Well, there's not much left to say except that we're so thankful for JoJo. Now if we can just keep Ethan interested in her for another 16 years. :) We love you guys.

P.S. The polka dot party was a huge hit!

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for our JoJo. She suddenly seems much older, but she's still our baby girl!
Becca - I found a card deck in the scrapbooking aisle at Target with those letters on the cards. I enlarged the cards at Kinko's on cardstock for the sign.
We missed you Auntie Joyce!
Mam- thanks for having "Jack patrol" at the party. He was so happy to be with you and Doc. What will I do when I have to throw a party without you?
Kailua Kennedys - it wasn't a complete party without you guys. Let's re-create both birthday parties when Jo and I come in October!
Ashley - good to hear from you. Call me someday when you want to plan a girly bday party. I love it!
Banty - we miss seeing you guys. We'll have to get all the grand ones together over the holidays again. Tell Laci thanks for the Gymboree coupon!
Cheryl - you have many fun days ahead with little Saige, and some not so fun ones. But hey, it's the best job in the world. You were born to be her mom! She is just precious. I love looking at her pictures.
Aunt Lisa - we are loving the polka dot scrapbook you made for JoJo. She points to the dots as I count. You are so creative and I want to be like you when I grow up.
Love to all of you! The LHIGP

Clay said...

ummm...can I be like Auntie Lisa when I grow up to? just so everyone knows, when Clif is home I go to bed at 9:30 or 10...it's 11 & I'm up looking at pointless things on the internet (pointless, with the exceptio of LHIGP!) augghhhh---make me go to bed! ok- I have Cara syndrome...I'm cleaning everything before I can go to sleep...make it stop!

Clay said...

I hate when I make spelling errors on the blog **correction for exceptio** I know...it's "exception".
LISA --- "president's on the phone..." (sometimes I randomly think of that night and I laugh out loud) thank you for being hilarious!

KatieKate said...

Cara, darling...
Our little Janna is 13 weeks pregnant with twins. Holy Schmoly.

ginny said...

Happy Birthday, Josie! The party looked adorable and Josie did too!
Ginny