

As parents we'd like to protect our children from their sinful nature but it's just not possible. Sinful nature, meet my two year old. I love this boy but even he, as cute and sweet as he is, falls short. Just today I was letting he and Josie play together in his room and I hear the familiar cry for help from the younger. I walk to the "kid wing" of our house and Jack meets me at the door. There he incriminates himself and says "Jack push, sorry Mom." Although I had to discipline him, his honesty made me smile and self-reflect. Uh-oh.
We all do the things we do not want to do. (Romans 7:15) Such is the conflict of two natures. We are guilty of many things but thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! He frees us from this death of sin. This is encouraging to me as I struggle with my sinful nature, (all day/every day) and watch my children struggle as well. We are guilty but free. (Romans 7:24-25)
On a lighter note, here are a few pics of the kids looking guilty....Josie of climbing up the slide at the park, and Jack of eating too many cupcakes at Josie's party! Call me prideful (and there's the sinful nature again) but I don't think they could be any cuter.
1 comment:
I haven't had a chance to comment on these pictures, but I can't get over Josie's guilty look. I haven't seen that one in person, and it's cracking me up. I think she's just working on mastering it until she's old enough to say, "It wasn't me, it was Jack!" - but the look will give it away. Thanks, again, for letting Mickey come over and play - love you guys.
Post a Comment