Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Happiness is.....

all the bodies together." (Clayton Jack Kennedy, ca. 1980) I remember reading this quote at my Granny's house in Valley Mills growing up. It was embroidered and hanging in her bathroom. I think I took for granted the meaning of my brother's words - until now. Now we are all miles apart and spend our days looking forward to being together again! Back then it seemed easy to be together with our Donaldson family - Granny, PaPa, aunts, uncles, and 13 grandchildren. But now I know it took a lot of preparation, planning and work for all the grownups!
We have been having a wonderful time catching up with Clif, Kat and Clay. It has been a sweet family reunion for "all the bodies." Like his namesake, Jack is happiest also when everyone is together, so he has had a blast at the farm. Some of our memories include swimming and eating popsicles, helping Doc and Mam pick tomatoes, peppers, and blueberries, "helping" Mam at the Farmer's Market, swinging in the tire swing, going to the Ranger game, playing in the sandbox, and chasing the chickens.
The farm will always be home for Clif and I, and it was awesome seeing our children enjoy it together. Thanks for coming home! Here's a few pics of our time together so far.






3 comments:

ginny said...

What a sweet post, Cara. Hope your time continues to be just as meaningful. Keep the pictures of those adorable children coming.

Princess Ellie said...

it is so good to see you all together !

Laci King

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pics of the K fam together. Hopefully we can get together soon.