Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Countdown to Kate


Davis girls 3, boys 2.
This will be the score in less than 10 weeks!
We continue to pray for our little Kate as she grows and makes herself more known. I was thankful to get one last look at her this past Monday for our 30-week appointment. She is growing well and is not shy in the womb. She waved and kicked as I watched her in amazement. I will never grow tired or bored of this miracle that is life! I bought her a new dresser at Hobby Lobby and am filling it with her things....new sweet clothes and old sweet clothes of Jo's. She has a monogrammed silky blankie and a new swaddling blanket from my favorite book Happiest Baby on the Block.
On the homefront we are staying busy, playing outside a ton, (with bug bites on Jo to prove it) setting up lots of playdates, and taking long afternoon naps. (Mom included) What's up with Jack and Jo......
Jack continues to amaze me with what he observes and absorbs. He is our little sponge who misses nothing! Today he came up to me and said, "Mama, Kate sure is getting big." The proof is in the photo - he is right. He keeps us on our toes and watching our every word. For instance, we ordered Chili's the other night and I guess he overheard the phone order because at the dinner table he asked very politely, "is that a good casserole, Mama?" (I ordered the Tex Mex eggrolls) This boy could read books all day - and sometimes we do. He looks forward to our weekly trip to the library for storytime, crafts, and checkout! I hope he will always love to read.
Josie's life is about to change drastically and I am not sure how to prepare her for it. She is still a Mama's girl. She also really loves her Mam and Doc, and calls them on her play phone almost daily. Periodically during the day she comes to me and says "hold" in the sweetest voice you've ever heard. The 30 extra pounds is probably not the best for my back but I can never turn her down! She sits on top of Kate, puts her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder. I live for this.
We anticipate being a family of five. Thank you for your prayers.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

We loved being with the LHIGP for lunch today. Kate's looking good! Hopefully we'll be seeing you again soon. Love you guys.

kisstheeighties said...

bec and i are praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

How exciting!! You girls look fantastic and I know Kate will be just as amazing. I love reading your updates...

love,
cheryl

Anonymous said...

Yea for the girls! We will be outnumbered here in the Edney house soon, 4 boys to 2 girls...I've already told Kevin that the next dog we get will be a girl though. ha! What a blessing a baby is! When we were looking at names for this next boy we liked the name Toben. Then we found out what it meant..."God is good" and I knew it was the perfect name. God is so good and I feel so blessed and priveledged to be having another sweet life in our house. I'll be praying for the rest of your pregnancy and a safe delivery. You look great!

Jane said...

Your family is precious. Miss you.

- Jane