Monday, August 06, 2007

Dear Kate


I can't believe it's almost time to meet you.
I find myself daydreaming about you....wondering what your sweet face will look like. Will you have dark skin and eyes like me, or will you be fair and blue-eyed like your Dad and siblings? You have been knit together perfectly and you will be perfect to me.
I will miss your womb acrobatics and constant hiccups.
I am working on your room and hope it's ready for you when you come. I look forward to many days and nights of rocking, reading and singing to you in that room.
Jack and Josie are ready to meet their baby Kate. Jack told me yesterday, "I'm ready to play with her right now." You take your time, but we all await your birth with excitement.
At 37 weeks, you are fully grown and formed. We pray for a healthy delivery for you. We also pray for your spirit - that you will feel completely loved. You are a miracle and we wait for you.
I love you,
Mama

3 comments:

ginny said...

Very sweet! She will be perfect. My prayers are with you for an easy delivery and quick recovery. We will be looking for pictures...

Unknown said...

Cara, I keep checking your blog to see any updates about Kate... I am so excited for you! I will be praying for you...

Anonymous said...

Cara, you better hurry, our friend Kim had her baby on Monday. I know how you like to have your kids within 3 weeks of her kids.