Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Stages" of Life

Jack's got a new stage. Lots of them actually...but his new favorite is his old school desk in his new playroom. I am really enjoying his stage of life. He is happy, self-entertaining, hilarious, sleeping and eating well, and wearing big boy underwear. Daily he breaks into song, and one of his favorite times of the day is still morning music, when we crank up the music, get out our instruments and jam to his favorite cds which include Veggie Tales Sing a Long, Mickey Mouse Greatest Hits, and Sesame Street Live. Grandparents, this boy needs a drum set.
Josie, on the other hand, is struggling a bit these days. Maybe she knows she is about to lose her place as the baby in the family, maybe she is getting new teeth, or maybe she's just almost 2. We love her anyway, but how many times can one say "no" or whine in a day? She is definitely testing the limit. Our usually sunny girl is a little pessimistic, cranky, and has even earned a few spankings. Two is around the corner, and I think she is testing her boundaries. At the end of the day, though, she is still our snuggler, knows and sings all the words to "Jesus Loves Me," "Row,Row,Row your Boat," "Twinkle, Twinkle," and prays at each meal and bedtime. Her favorite activities are coloring and reading, and basically following Jack around, saying "I too!" "Yo-yo too!" (for JoJo)
The stages of life change, and we look forward to the next stage: becoming a family of five. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

ginny said...

Sounds like Josie and Libby are both trying to assert their independence more these days. I think it's the age too. Well, that and Libby has a bit of a stubborn streak in her personality anyway. She'll probably "grow up" a lot after she gets used to being a big sister :)

Addi watched Jack's video about 10 times in a row! I told her he was a friend of Ethan's and suddenly she thought he must be a very fun little boy :)

Anonymous said...

Precious video! Keep us posted on the new edition to the Davis Family. Praying for you! love janie

Clay said...

Jack-
You are our entertainer! You amaze me...from a bit of a shy-boy around strangers...to a pro when you find a stage! I love your music!
Josie-
Be nice to your mommy! I guess you're cousin was a few months early on this stage...so we're on the back-end of testing the limits & it's no fun! Glad to know you still snuggle & it's funny because you & Clay sing the same exact songs...although he only comes in on the main part of each song. That's funny.
W&C-
I was thinking about television last night (I know that's bad). But, the fall line-up always reminds me of our fall on Stanford and our tv matrix. That was such a fun time...only 4 years ago...and there were no babies around! Love you -Kat