Thursday, September 06, 2007

On Going Back to School


Dear Jack and Josie,

I write on your first day of school. You are both attending Sonshine Club this year on Thursdays at GPBC. We have been preparing you for this day by talking about school, your friends, your teachers, practicing taking naps on your nap mats, and getting you, Jack, potty-trained for preschool. I want you to know that I am so proud of both of you. Really, my heart swelled with pride as we got dressed, ate breakfast, and loaded backpacks and lunches this morning.
Your Dad and I always loved going to school, and pray that you will have positive experiences as you learn about the world around you. We commit to praying for your school experience - for compassionate and skilled teachers, for encouraging peers, and for wisdom and knowledge for you both. As parents, it is difficult to let go and watch you become independent, but we trust God to be in control of your learning and social interactions.
I will be joining you in a few months at Sonshine Club as I teach one of the older classes. I look forward to being just a few doors away from you both! I was so excited to pick you up today and was encouraged by good reports. I hope going back to school will always be this exciting for you!
Love,
Mom, or Mommieeee (per JoJo)

Jack Davis
Pre K - 2
Mrs. Jamie
First day report: "Jack bragged about new sister Kate. He had a good day and stayed dry and clean. We studied letters A-E, the color red, and found all the circles in the room! Jack knows his opposites - stop/go, up/down, and fast/slow. From the Bible we talked about how God wants us to be healthy and obedient. Jack did great today but didn't take a nap."

Josie Davis
(there is another Josephine in her class who goes by "JoJo," so all of her things say "Josie")
Pre K-1
Mrs. Tammie
First day report: "Josie did really well today. She ate most of her lunch and took a great nap. She enjoyed singing the gingerbread man song and talking about how our bodies are a temple of God so we need to take care of them with healthy food. 1 Corinthians 3:16 We learned the color red and drew circles. The only incident was when Josie tried to take Mia's blankie at naptime. She really loves her blankie!"
My report: When I picked up Josie, she was so happy to see me....ran to me, hugged me and said "Mommieee, I school!" I think she felt so big and proud. She looked adorable in her purple (her new fave color) dress, mosquito bites and all.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe Josie is big enough to go to school! She just looks so grown up in these pictures. I'm sure Jack and Jo are loving going together, and I'm glad you're getting some time just with Kate. We love you guys.

Jan said...

how random that there are two Josephine's in the same class - thats not a common name! they look so grown up. I'm sure you're also enjoying some special Kate time while they are gone

Sam, Shannon and Connor Davis said...

Fun times! It is great to see these pictures and think about Connor's cousins going to school just like him..... We are going to show Connor these pictures and tell him about his cousins going to school in Dallas like he goes here. Jack and Josie look beautiful, I can certainly see why you are so proud!

Love, Aunt Shannon