Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Monday, October 15, 2007
Conversations
Jack and I have great conversations, and I love it. There was a time when I thought, "when is he going to talk?" And now, there are times when I think he might not ever stop. I look forward to Saturday nights with Jack. This is when we talk about important things - the most important thing - Jesus. I put Josie and Kate to bed, and we do his Awana lesson together. They are learning about creation, and were on the fourth day this week. We talked about the sun, moon, and stars, and how God is the creator of all light. We went on a scavenger hunt to find different kinds of light. At the end of the lesson, we did a review, which is my favorite part, because it is amazing how much he absorbs and really "gets." I asked him what God created on each day, and he was able to tell me! Then he paused at the end and said, "Mom, God made the Bible too. It's His words. We put the Bible in our hands, take it to church and read it." It's moments like these that I just want to pause and say - "thank you, God, for this child that you have wonderfully made....and may he always follow you with the innocence of a child."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your sweet story, Cara. Jack has always been so full of thought - it is so wonderful to hear what's going on in that sweet head of his! -Love you, Kat
Post a Comment