Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week of Firsts

With my mom here for a visit, I decided to have some one-on-one time with my kids this week. I loved it, they loved it, and here's a few photos to document the special time.



Monday was Josie's day with Mom. I took her to get her first haircut - a cute little bob - at Cool Cuts for Kids. She is usually very shy and slow to warm up to new situations but was extremely outgoing at this place....maybe it had something to do with all the balloons, toys, cars to sit in, and Dora movies to watch! She actually cried when it was time to get out of the car. She sat so still, and I was very proud of my big girl. We then went shopping at the mall, ate Chick-Fil-A at the food court, and bought her some new church shoes. It was a fun, girly day!




Tuesday was Jack's day. We have been reading this Dora book called "Show Me Your Smile." It is all about going to the dentist, so he has been asking when he could go to the dentist for the first time. We have been talking about Tuesday being the big day, so he was ready! He did great - sat still, opened wide, and was brave. His teeth were x-rayed, cleaned, and flossed. His choice for lunch was "Okie Donalds," where Will met us for lunch. We had a fun time with our eldest, and couldn't remember the last time we were just with him.....life has really sped up since then! He kept saying, "there's no sisters here!" I then took him to Kohl's and bought him some new church shoes as well. I was surprised that he was a size 9! I am so proud of my big boy.




Today was Kate's day with Mom. It is my last Thursday at home since I start teaching next Thursday at Sonshine Club. Little Kate will be with my mom on Thursdays in November and December. She is doing great at taking bottles that I have pumped so I am not anxious. I look forward to being at church with Will, Jack and Jo. Kate and I drove to Dallas for both of our 2-month dr. visits and both went well. She is growing so fast and received a good report from Dr. Halsell. She had lots of smiles for me today, until the 5 vaccinations came. Ouch! She is still cranky as I write....poor little girl.

All in all, a good week at the LHIGP. Thanks for checking in on us.

2 comments:

ginny said...

Isn't it amazing how much you cherish moments with just one child after you have more than one? Sounds like a great week!

Mainz said...

Great catching up with you and the kids! They are absolutely precious!!