Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Trip to San Antonio by Jack Davis

Hey…Jack here. So this is what a blog is! That typing class I am taking at Mother’s Day Out School is really paying off. Anywho…I wanted to tell you guys about my trip last weekend with my dad.

I discovered my San Antonio roots while staying at my Uncle Sam and Aunt Shannon’s new house. It was great being able to catch up with my cousin Connor and play on his new playset. Jack enjoyed seeing his Mimi for a little while before she had to drive Aunt Tynan back to New York City. Aunt Shannon had a trip to Sudan so it ended up being a crazy guys’ weekend.

On Friday we spent the morning at the San Antonio Botanical Garden where they were having a fun exhibit (Dora and Diego’s Garden Adventure). You have to find different clues in different parts of the garden by following The Map. I couldn’t find my friend Tico though.

We then went to the oldest amusement park in America, Kiddie Park. It was founded in 1925 and we had a blast riding the boats, the planes, the bus, and up in the ferris wheel. My mom probably would have used a box of wipes per ride…some of them looked kinda old. My dad said he used to go there when he was a kid but he remembers it being bigger. Uncle Sam and dad decided to ride the last ride with us (the helicopters) and we were great afterwards but they were both looking a little squeamish. Yes, I learned “squeamish” today at school.


On Saturday we spent the day at Sea World and it was incredible. We first fed the dolphins. I won’t lie…I was a little nervous when those guys opened their mouths right next to me. We then saw the Clydesdale horses and the sharks. After that, we went to the sea lion and walrus show which was pretty amusing. But that was just a little warm-up show for my favorite one…SHAMU! It was so cool to see this huge beast do all of his flips and tricks and splash people. And after the show, we got to back stage to see our friend Leslie who is one of Shamu’s trainers. I got to sit on the side of the pool and pet one of his big pectoral fins. I wanted to reach out and hug that 9,000-pound killer whale but the trainers were holding on to me pretty tight. Thanks Leslie for that fun treat!
We were getting pretty hungry and tired at that point…so we got some chicken fingers, waved at a few penguins, and then hit the road. We all took a hard nap and then went shopping for some Spurs paraphernalia.
We got up on Sunday and drove to Mam and Doc’s farm in Clifton to pick up the girls. Dad and I really missed them so it was great to be together again.
Thanks so much Uncle Sam and Connor for hosting us. It was a trip to remember! And thanks Mom for handing over the reins on your blog for a little while.

1 comment:

Sam, Shannon and Connor Davis said...

What fun! I am so sorry I missed but think it is great that it was a "guys" weekend It was great to see Will and Jack 10 minutes or so before I left for the airport and I am grateful they were here to keep my boys company while I was in the Sudan. Thanks Jack for being such a sweet boy to Connor, he just loves you and really looks up to his older cousin Jack!!

Love, Aunt Shannon