1. Will and I were able to spend a few days in Asheville, NC at a DTS pastors/wives retreat. It was beautiful, full of rest, good food, and 50 degrees!

2. Our cousins Clay and Connor. We were able to see both this weekend and celebrate their 3rd birthdays. We love those boys.


3. Sea World passes! We went there for the 4th time this year on Sunday. Awesome! The best family outing in TX I think.

4. My parents and their farm. The kids had their own vacation there for three days while we were in NC. Kate did well her first time away from me, and it's still Jack and Josie's home away from home, and "most favorite place to go."

5. God's protection and provision for our firstborn. I don't want to go into the details but Jack had his first joint bleed and infusion away from us while we were in NC. Although it was heart-wrenching, he was well taken care of by my parents and little brother Clif, as well as the nurses at the Clifton hospital. We pray daily for his protection, and in this moment, God taught me that He will never leave Jack and will provide for his needs...sometimes through other people. On a side note, it seems as though since he was diagnosed last December that he has become increasingly adventurous. At Connor's party on Saturday, he decided to ride the inflatable shark down the slide....not so sure what surprised me more...him thinking of it, or his Dad proudly taking the photo!

5. Our own home sweet home. We were only gone a week after NC, farm, and SA visits, but it felt oh so good to sleep in our own beds. There is truly no place like home.
4 comments:
Well, something at the top of our thankful list is that you guys are back in town! We missed you and can't wait to catch up in person. Love you guys.
Sorry to hear about Jack...glad to see he's doing ok now, riding sharks and all!
Glad y'all are back! We missed you.
Hope to talk to you soon.
Beth
I stalk your blog; sorry. I love your family and the way that you write things. I just wanted you to know how sweet your kiddos were at the Clifton Community Pep Ralley. I am thankful that Jack is ok.
Melanie
Post a Comment