Monday, January 12, 2009


Dear Josie,

At 40 months today, you are pure delight. You surprise me with your silliness. Your love of jokes and all comedy keeps us laughing. I don't understand your "girliness," but I love you for it. Joy for you is finding your lip gloss and putting on makeup with Mommy. Yet, you love to dig in the sandbox and get dirty and messy! What fun it's going to be to watch you grow.
Many times of day you like to retreat to my bed and read your library books all alone. You are still my most content child....content to sit in my lap, content to do nothing, content to run errands with me. I wish I were more like you!
This year I look forward to getting to know you more, and knowing you aside from being Jack's sidekick. When he goes to kindergarten in the fall, we will have lots of time together and it will be sweet.
At 40 months, you wear 4T clothing, size 9 shoes, and are almost too heavy for this mama to carry. I do love laying down with you each night while we pray and sing. You are a snuggler, a thumb sucker, and a blankie lover. You love to sing your repertoire of songs but don't mind sharing the spotlight with Jack. You are the perfect little sister.
I am proud of you and love you with my whole heart.
Your Mommy

1 comment:

Lorraine Fuller said...

I love reading about what an awesome mom you are. I always knew you would be a wonderful mother. Your children are so beautiful. You are doing a great job! Enjoy every second, it goes so fast.