Life with our Sam is speeding up....which makes me sad and excited at the same time. He is crawling, pulling up and wanting to climb! At 8 months, he is still the most content and predictable baby I have ever known. (ok, so a close 2nd to our JoJo) I feel like his smiles are for me only and I love it. We moved his crib mattress all the way down because he is getting so brave and busy in there. He is still a good sleeper - a blessing to this tired mama. Eating solids started slowly but he is really loving all his farm fresh veggies now, although he prefers whatever we are eating! I haven't looked at the other kids baby books in a while, but I am fairly certain I didn't let them eat macaroni and cheese by themselves at 8 months! He loves whatever he can shove in himself, and can drink from any cup or straw.
One of my favorite things is feeling Sam reaching for my ankles as I am busy folding laundry or washing dishes. Strange I know but it is so sweet that he wants to know where I am, check in, then go about his business. He flashes his smile, babbles, then moves on. Bless his mama's boy's heart.
We have been singing his song to him a lot lately and he moves his body to the beat. His song is to "Home on the Range."
"Sam, Samuel Clifton,
Born on April 15th of '09.
He weighed in at 8' 3,"
In Collin County,
And the family says he's so fine."
Life with Sam is sweet, treasured and changing as he grows. Life with Sam is a gift. Life with Sam just keeps getting better.
No comments:
Post a Comment