Tuesday, January 26, 2010

what I like about you...

I remember a friend asking me if I truly loved all of my children equally. She only had one child and couldn't fathom loving another as much. My answer was of course - equally and differently! I love how God made each of them so wonderfully unique. Each has their faults, as we all do, but this mama has a full heart for these precious four. How do I love them? Let me count the ways....

At 5 years and 10 months, this boy is full of energy. From sunrise to sunset, he is busy....working at school, playing baseball and basketball, reading, asking questions, creating games and entertaining. He is a people pleaser, a rule follower, and a great example to his siblings. His favorite food is breakfast for dinner. I love so many things about him...his prayerful heart, his hugs and kisses before school, his diligent spirit, and his athleticism are just a few. Thank you, Lord, for Jack Kennedy Davis!



At 4 years and 4 months, Josie is truly the sweetest girl I know. She is unselfish and giving. She is an animal lover and says she is going to be an animal doctor and a dentist when she grows up. She loves to giggle at her own jokes. Her best friend is Jack and her favorite food is apples. If you know her, you love her. I love so many things about her...the way she snuggles up to me on the couch, her obedient spirit, her silly dance moves, and her compassionate heart towards others who are hurting. Thank you, Lord, for Josephine Marie Davis!



At 2 years and 5 months, Kate is a handful! A handful of joy on some days, and a handful of tears on others. She has the ability to make Will and I laugh like no other child. She is independent and really needs no one or nothing, yet she loves for me to carry her around like a baby and says "Kate is Mommy's baby!" She continues to be a picky eater but once she tries something, loves it. I love so many things about her....her million dollar smile that is contagious, her love and care for her siblings, her fun and outgoing personality, and her independent spirit. Thank you, Lord, for Katherine Joy Davis!


At 9 months, my baby boy pulls at my heartstrings! He is my sidekick, my buddy, and only has eyes for Mommy. I am enjoying this stage as I know it will pass as soon as he can throw a ball or be chased by Daddy. He is a great eater and sleeper. He loves to see the world from my hip but is quite agile for his age. Just today he climbed into a diaper box. Sweet and laid back, yet adventurous! I love so many things about him...his dimpled smile and blue eyes, his wet kisses, early morning cuddling, and his easy-going spirit. Thank you, Lord, for Samuel Clifton Davis!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Cara, What a special tribute to all your children. They are all precious and how neat to see that they have unique personalities that fit so perfectly together. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Precious post. Thanks so much. I learned a lot about everybody! Mimi