What a year 2009 was! I love having a January anniversary because Will and I always slow down, reflect and then talk about our dreams for the new year together. This year was no different. We were able to go back to the Westin La Cantera (where we honeymooned) for our 10th anniversary, relax and enjoy some time together. We took the "bigs" with us so they could play with their Davis cousins (thanks Shantel, Shannon, and crews!) and my Mom and Dad took care of the "littles." Both sets made some fun memories. J and J wanted to stay longer - not a surprise. Kate stayed super busy at the farm - also not a surprise. Sweet Sam did well on our first separation and stuck out his lip for only a moment when I returned, then reached for me excitedly.
I looked back at my January 2009 post to reflect on the year and blessings. I wrote about things I was looking forward to...all came to fruition and blessed us beyond belief! I thank God alone for His hand in my life.
This year is still in His hands and I look forward to:
1. Starting a 2-year Bible reading program. I have never been successful with the one-year plan, but I so desire to read His Word faithfully, diligently, and completely.
2. Getting to know my best friend and soulmate even more. He has started a blog at www.whatsonwillsmind.blogspot.com and I am so proud of him. I love to know what's on his mind!
3. Seeing my firstborn complete Kindergarten will be amazing! He is such a diligent student and has learned so much. His teacher Mrs. Mathis was a huge answer to our prayers. Our hope is for Jack to be at GPA for 1st grade next year, which means he will be homeschooled on MWF, and go to school on Tues/Thurs. We think this will fit our family perfectly.
4. I have been casually homeschooling Josie this year, but this year I will be more intentional and formal about it. Because of how her birthday falls, she will have two more full years at home with me. Looking forward to as much as time as possible with this sweet treasure.
5. Soaking in these baby moments with Kate and Sam, and not rushing things.....whether it be potty training, speech therapy for Kate, reading countless board books, making baby food, wiping noses, singing and dancing to the Wiggles, swinging, or snuggling and rocking before naps and bed....I plan to make this year the best yet with my babies.
6. Seeing my brother Clif and his family more as they (hopefully) move closer to us! No pressure, but I long to just live life with them, really know their kids, and be Aunt Cara.
7. A Kennedy family vacation to Colorado in July/August!
8. Going on a scrapbooking retreat with bf Lisa in March.
9. Celebrating Will's 35th bday in June.
10. My last 1st birthday for baby Sam - or "Sammy baby" as Kate calls him.
11. Special events like birthdays, holidays, Jack's baseball games, Josie's dance recital. It's the little moments that will make this year memorable.
1 comment:
Love you both! Glad you had a wonderful getaway, and it's going to be a great 2010. Can't wait for our retreat!!!
Post a Comment